The Victorian Premier has just announced at a press conference:
- 725 new cases and 15 more deaths (including the death of someone in their 30s)
- Further permit system for childcare being introduced – many families won’t be allowed to access childcare right now
- Permitted workers – regardless of working from home or at a workplace, will be able to access childcare if there is no other person able to look after the children in the household – this is also applicable to kinder and primary school children who will be able to go to school with this permit.
- This is an additional permit to the permitted worker permit which will be available on the DHHS website soon. This will apply from 11.59pm tonight and there will be no grace period for this change.
- All non-urgent surgery beyond category 1 or emergency surgery will be put on hold (across Victoria and public/private) to preserve sufficient capacity for future Coronavirus cases
- If you are at your partner’s house, curfew and rules apply to you when you are at their house. So, if you are there after 8pm, you must remain there. If you are there at 4pm, only 1 of you can go to the shops and only within 5km of that residence.
- These rules need to work to drive down case numbers
Note The Permitted Worker Permit can be found below (completed with Hutchies' details). The template is also available on the DHHS website here with other information. We will provide the new Childcare Permit once it is available.