The NSW Government has announced new requirements for workers and construction sites across Greater Sydney.
Whilst we are still awaiting the official Health Directive, we understand that from 12.01am on Wednesday (11 August), all construction sites will be able to reopen across Greater Sydney albeit with two new requirements as outlined below.
Hutchies' focus is to make this new information available to all workers and subcontractors across NSW immediately. We are developing further detail for site entry requirements which will be issued in coming days. Team Leaders will also work with members of their team who reside in the affected LGAs with regards to coordinating their return to work.
New requirements announced by NSW Government in place from 12.01am Wednesday 11 August
- Construction sites can operate at a maximum capacity of 50%; and
- Construction workers from affected areas can return to work but must provide evidence that they have received:
- two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, or
- one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 3 weeks before attending work, or
- one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and, if less than 3 weeks since that vaccine was administered, a negative COVID-19 test in the previous 72 hours and this must be repeated for the first 3 weeks following the initial vaccine dose
Maximum construction site capacity
Hutchies' Teams will work with all subcontractors to establish workforce requirements across each trade to ensure optimal productivity across our sites.
Immediate steps people from affected LGAs should take
If you reside in one of the affected suburbs or local government areas (LGAs) listed below, to work on site you must:
- Get a vaccination as soon as possible
- Get a COVID-19 test as soon as possible if you have only had one vaccine and that dose was less than three weeks ago (so you have evidence of a negative test result before sites open on Wednesday) and continue to do so every 72 hours for the first 3 weeks
Naturally Hutchies is committed to complying with all Health Order requirements. Once the Health Order is released we will work with everyone to ensure compliance with these new requirements.