From Wednesday 11 August 2021, the Government has ordered that residents of an area of concern (currently several LGAs and suburbs) can return to work but must provide evidence that they have:
- had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or
- had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 21 days ago or
- had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine within the last 21 days and been tested for COVID-19 in the past 72 hours (and then tested every 3 days until 21 days has passed since the first vaccine dose) or
- evidence of a medical exemption and have been tested for COVID-19 in the past 72 hours (3 days).
We will be seeking further detail from the Government over the next 24 hours regarding the specific records that must be maintained on site to comply with this Health Order. Initially all Hutchies’ job sites in Greater Sydney are to implement the below process to comply with the government direction.
Whilst it is acknowledged that sites have varying entry processes and the below may need to be adapted to suit site specific requirements, all Hutchies' projects must ensure they do not permit anyone on site that is not complying with the Health Order. Initially this will be achieved with the following procedure which is subject to change pending further advice from Government and industry briefings.
- Worker arrives at Hutchies' site entry
- COVID Marshal / Hutchies' representative checks the worker's identification (this should only need to be done once to establish the place of residence for each worker)
- Anyone who has an address within one of the nominated LGAs (refer to the current LGAs / suburbs list here) will be asked to present confirmation of one of the following:
- Two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine or
- One dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 21 days ago or
- One dose of a COVID-19 vaccine within the last 21 days and a COVID-19 test in the past 72 hours (3 days)
- A worker who has a residential address within an affected area who is unable to produce evidence of the above will not be permitted to enter site
- Workers who are permitted on site will then be directed by the COVID Marshal / Hutchies' representative to:
- Sign into Service NSW's QR code check in and
- Complete the Hutchies’ Site Declaration form and
- Complete any other site-specific sign in requirements
- The COVID Marshal / Hutchies' representative will also ensure that the worker is wearing a face mask.